Are you a pasta lover? If yes, this piece of news will surely excite you. Wondering why? Well, because it has one of the oldest pasta sauce recipes that you can ask for. A Reddit user recently shared the images of a 74-year-old pasta sauce recipe dating back to the year 1947. As per the post, the recipe envelope was found hidden in a nook in his garage.
What is so special about it?
The recipe post was shared by Reddit user called u/orestes77 and in no time, it garnered 2.1k votes and counting. The user wrote in his post, “Found this recipe in my garage while removing some old peg board several years ago. I have not tried it, but thought this was the perfect place to share it.”
In the blurry image that he shared, we could see detailed instructions carefully and beautifully handwritten on a piece of paper. If you are feeling tempted to try this recipe, we have mentioned the detailed recipe here and if you are still confused you can go to the concluding note of the recipe, which says, “If there is anything you don’t understand call I.L.0843 and ask for Bill Engleman.” 🙂
Pasta Sauce Recipe
Oil or Shortening, ¼ cup
Tomato Puree, 72 ounces
Onion, 4 cups
Garlic, 4 tsp
Basil, ½ tsp
Rosemary, ½ tsp
Chilli Powder, 1 tsp
Dry Mustard, ¼ tsp
Paprika, 1 ¼ tbsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. First of all, you need to put oil or shortening in the pot and heat it. Once hot enough add onions and sauté for a few minutes.
2. Next, grind garlic and add it to onions and sauté for another few minutes. Add all seasoning and sauté for a few more minutes.
3. Now add tomato puree and also add enough water. If not thick enough, add a little cornstarch and water and stir well.
4. In the meantime, boil the spaghetti and once cooked, add some melted butter or ole margarine, little salt and pepper and little grated cheese and some freshly made sauce.
5. Stir well, and serve with some sauce and cheese on the side. Enjoy! (Image: Reditt user screen shot)